Well, guys I’m back and hopefully I’ll start adding a blog post again everyday, so keep coming back and reading Sports Chatter. We got a new title, well I’m just trying it out, so tell me what you think of it!
First, well college basketball is over now. Last night’s game was interesting to say the least. Both teams played great defense, just Connecticut scored more points. Butler could not make a single shot. Butler shot 18.8%, which was 12-64 shooting. Brad Stevens had to be kicking himself after that game.
For Connecticut, their magical run ended perfectly how they wanted, with a NCAA Championship, their third in team history. Kemba Walker did his thing, although it wasn’t all that pretty. He went 5 for 19 in the game and scored 16 points, which led Connecticut.
Here is the 2011 One Shining Moment from the NCAA tournament, and Luther Vandross is back in video as well:
Second, here is a look at some of the college basketball teams that could be the early favorites:
1. North Carolina. As a Duke fan, it’s hard to admit it, but they will be good again. Especially if Harrison Barnes, John Henson, Tyler Zeller, and Kendall Marshall return.
2. Kentucky. The Wildcats have a great recruiting class coming in again. It’s possible Brandon Knight and Terrence Jones return with the uncertainity of an NBA season next year. Add them to point guard Marcus Teague, small forward Micheal Gilchrist, and other returnees Doron Lamb and Darius Miller. It will be a great loss in losing Josh Harrelson, however.
3. Duke. The Blue Devils are an interesting team. Singler and Smith graduate, which is a big loss, but Kyrie Irving could return and Duke has number one recruit Austin Rivers coming in along with Quinn Cook, Marshall Plumlee, and Micheal Gbinje. Seth Curry, and Andre Dawkins return as well as the Plumlees’.
4. Ohio State. The Buckeyes return Jared Sullinger, as he already has said he is coming back. They also have sophomore Deshaun Thomas returning.
5. Kansas. The Jayhawks are in a predicament. They need the Morris twins to come back. If they return, they’ll be a top five team. Thomas Robinson, Elijah Johnson, Travis Relaford are all most likely to return as well. It would also help if Josh Selby returns.
Those are my top five teams coming back. Any comments, please comment!
That’s it for the day! I’ll be back tomorrow, so be sure to read today’s post and come back tomorrow!